Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sheet Metal Vessel: Well... It's Different

My professor noticed that I wasn't very excited about what I was making and told me to switch ideas. The next idea (a box instead of the flower) wasn't that exciting to me either. Then, he told me just to make something I thought was cool. So I did!! It is a Star Wars troop carrier that can sit on your desk and hold stuff all made out of one folded piece of metal!
This isn't the fully fleshed out version, as it is just made with extrusions rather than actually making everything parts. But, this is the main idea. There will be a door cut out of one side but I am not quite sure how to do that yet with parts. I am very glad I was told just to do my own thing.

1 comment:

  1. Ty,

    Greg figured out a way to go from a solid model to sheet metal, might be worth taking a peak at his blog:

    http://gregscs304blog.blogspot.com/

    It looks like he sketched on each face of the solid, and then just deleted the solid and went from there. Might work with this?

    ReplyDelete